Let’s face it, when one develops a new genre of art and gives it a name, it’s going to take a while before it catches on … often, it may be many years after the artist is long gone. Of course, an artist hopes for at least a little recognition while he is still around.
Exhibitions use judges called “jurors” to evaluate the worthiness of art. The artist had become accustomed to his work in Socio-Political Abstractionism being rejected by most jurors originally, but through perseverance, the acceptance rate into exhibitions has been steadily increasing over time.
Even though my works have been accepted into many exhibitions by now, the awards have been slow in coming. However, an organization called Art Impact International has honored me once, and Art Show International has honored me twice. I guess the folks there especially like my work.
- Protect the Habitat – Save the Planet”, online exhibition sponsored by Art Impact International (https://www.artimpactinternational.org/protect-habitat-save-planet), April 22 – July 30, 2022
- Science … Bah! Humbug! (Honorable Mention Award)
- “4th Abstract” Exhibition, Art Show International (https://www.artshowinternational.com/winners-2022-abstract-4)
- Rage vs. The Blue Wall (Version 1) – Honorable Mention Award (a second time!)
“How I Remember 2020” Exhibition, Art Show International (Winners Gallery – How I Remember 2020 | Art Show International)
- Rage vs. The Blue Wall (Version 1) – Honorable Mention Award
- Rage vs. The Blue Wall (Version 2) – Honorable Mention Award
- Science … Bah! Humbug! (1970 and 2020 Version) – Finalist Award
I don’t know who made up the award certificate, but the exhibition really was
“How I Remember 2020” and not “How to Remember 2020”.
I don’t want to be too fussy … I’ll take what I can get.